Watercolor painting class is for those with no experience in drawing or painting, as well as for those with experience. We strive to learn and improve on skills, while having fun and enjoying friendships. The teacher demonstrates a painting that the student works on for 2 weeks, then the student works on a subject of his/her
choosing for the next 2 weeks.
We meet on Thursday mornings from 9:00 to noon in the Gathering Place at Christ
You don’t have to purchase all of these for the first class. Call the church office for the phone number of the instructor. She can loan you some supplies for the first few classes.
Please note: We can order from an online art store as a group at the beginning of classes to save shipping costs. These online stores can be cheaper than local stores.
Paper – Arches or Fabriano Artistico 300 lb. cold press. You can use 140 lb., which is cheaper. It buckles with water but can be flattened later. Please do not buy any lighter weight/cheaper paper to paint on in class.
- #10 round American Journey Interlocked Synthetic – about $13.00
- #6 round American Journey Interlocked Synthetic – about $11.00
- #2 round American Journey Interlocked Synthetic – about $7.00
- 1 inch Princeton Series 3750 Flat Wash – about $12.00
- Robert E Wood palette has 24 wells and 2 mixing areas – $21
- or Cheap Joe’s Piggy Back palette has 30 wells and 2 mixing areas – $24
Winsor Newton, Holbein, and Daniel Smith are great professional brands. Cheap Joe’s carries a pretty good lesser priced paint called American Journey.
You will have much better results using professional grade paint rather than student grade.
Buy these first: